The Salvation Army first purchased property in Jackson’s Point for the purpose of operating and running summer camp programs in 1917. This was a 20-acre parcel of land known as Camp #1, which is now the Conference Centre site. Prior to 1917, The Salvation Army operated summer camps on this location for nearly 10 years.
Salvation Army Officers at Jackson’s Point Camp for the dedication in 1917. Commissioner W.J Richards (bent arm) and Col. Gaskin (to his right) are featured here.
Towards the end of the Second World War in 1944, The Salvation Army purchased an adjacent 195-acre parcel of land known as the Scott Farm.
The remaining 136-acre parcel that lies south of Metro Road consists of a mixed forest with towering cedar, ash and several varieties of Maples, including Sugar Maple.
1890 Metro Road North
Jacksons Point, ON, L0E 1L0
Phone: (905)722-3501 / Fax: (905)722-8255